Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maximum Heart Rate

Bruce Treadmill Protocol
Max Heartrate 210 bpm
RPE 17
Time 13:31

YMCA Step Test
One Minute Heartrate 126bpm
Age 19
Classification "poor"

PACER Test
Total Laps 63
Level 7
Shuttles 2
Max Heartrate 205 bpm
VO2 Max 40.5 ml/kg/min

Between the two tests I think that the Bruce Treadmill Protocol was more of a challenge for me because it was non-stop while going uphill, something that I am not used to, while the Beep Test had short breaks early on in the running. However very slight, I am not sure why there was a difference in my heartrate between the two tests. It would probably be the environment I was in and the way I was feeling for the day. The Step Test did not prove anything for me as it said I was in the "poor" classification for reaching a heartrate of only 126 bpm however that is lower than what I started with, a heartreate of 130 bpm.

1 comment:

  1. wow, sounds like you really love to train hard and maintain excellent health! keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete