Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cardio Mix

Total time of workout- 36:34
Time in the zone- 12:02
Time above the zone- 1:56
Time below the zone- 22:34
Max heartrate- 187 bpm
Average heartrate- 150 bpm
Kilocalories- 223

What worked?
I really enjoyed the variety of the workout. It was nice to have step aerobics along with the jumping cardio exercises mixed in with strength training. I thought the workout was best in the strength training portion because it was great for those who are not so much of power trainers. They also did a great job at picking out music that was up beat and motivating.

What didn't work?
I thought that the cardio and strength training portions could have been a bit longer. I would have liked to have my heartrate in and above the zone for a longer period of time. I also thought that if they would have meshed the steps in the step workout together more it would have been better to pump us up instead of continually walking it out. That was, however, good in the sense that we had a beginner class in step and each step took some explaining.

What I would do differently...
I think that if I would do anything different I would have added in more cardio to the workout. It would have been cool to actually have jump ropes to do different jumps and we could have integrated more cardio with the step such as more step ups or side lunges. I also think that since we had such light weights we could have put together some of the moves we did to make it a more up beat strength training session; such as, squat/press or lunge curls.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...step + cardio + strength training...
    sounds like a winning combination. I wish my Fitness class took this as seriously as you all seem to...
    Today, our topic was Vitamins...pretty good video and difficult worksheets. You should have heard them whine!!

    ReplyDelete