Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kickboxing

Total time of workout-34:42
Time in the zone-3:02
Time above the zone- 0:00
Time below the zone- 31:40
Max heartrate-167 bpm
Avg heartrate- 133 bpm
Kilocalories- 164

What worked?
I thought that the workout had good exercises that kept us moving the whole time. The girls did a good job at explaining all the moves and the names of them at the beginning of the workout. This helped to know what to do when they started putting combinations together. I also thought that the energy was good and that they did a good job at picking out music that was upbeat and motivating.

What didn't work?
I didn't get my heartrate up very high throughout this workout. I thought that we could have gone a bit longer to push ourselves for endurance. I think that if we could turn up the music a bit louder also it would really get people fired up and ready as if they were actually punching/kicking someone.

What I would do differently...
I think that if we could do more combinations like the series of front, side, back, and jumpkick move it would help to pump up our heartrate a bit more. Also with the combinations maybe we could do more series that bring kicks and punching together. I liked the jumprope move and the mountain climbers and thought we could have added a bit more of cardio into the workout in that way. Overall, I think that the girls did a great job at putting moves together that would be good for our beginner level class and that continually kept us moving.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought kickboxing was hard to do...but probably had something to do with my balance (or lack of)...
    You are right...if you feel like punching or kicking someone...this workout might feel really good!

    ReplyDelete