Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Get Metabolic!

Total time of workout- 25:53
Time in the zone- 14:35
Time above the zone- 5:18
Time below the zone- 6:00
Maximum heartrate- 195 bpm
Average heartrate- 165 bpm
Kilocalories- 189

At first I was a little apprehensive doing an interval workout being mainly an endurance athlete throughout my life. However, I really enjoyed doing this workout because like Chuck said, "It feels good to get your butt kicked". My favorite was doing the Burpee intervals for 4 minutes. It seemed crazy to have done such a short time span and yet be so out of breath; that was when my heartrate got up to 195! I also enjoyed doing the body weight complexes. The countdown from ten to one doing squats and push-ups was a great way to get my heartrate up. I would consider doing both of those two workouts again or even switching it up to do different lifts in the complex or hybrid form because I think that it would help to speed up a workout. I also find it interesting that a high intensity workout will surpress your hungry versus a low intensity workout actually making you want to eat. I do believe it though, and have actually experienced it. It's about 5:30 right now and I still am not hungry besides drinking a lot of water after the workout. I feel like the intervals really were a great workout for me and would add them to my current exercises.

1 comment: