Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heart Rate Pace

Total time of workout- 29:11
Time in the zone- 15:08
Time above the zone- 10:51
Time below the zone- 3:12
Maximum heartrate- 202 bpm
Average heartrate- 175 bpm
Kilocalories- 235

Being a runner since the 7th grade, I have found out that this is my favorite type of conditioning. I am an endurance athlete working at a more aerobic energy system. As much fun that I have had trying other things such as the line drills last week, I still find that I would rather just go for a run. It was almost painfully slow to run the first 5 minutes but by the last 5 minutes when we were running at about tempo pace, the run was feeling pretty good. I don't think I have done much for intervals such as 400s since high school track, and it quickly reminded me how tiring it could be. Intervals may very hard to run but I think that if you did it even one to two times a week you could lower your VO2 max. That being said, I have learned throughout the last week that an athlete definitely has to train for specificity. A baseball player would probably not get much out of doing running intervals but in the same sense a runner needs to do more than line drills to get ready for the race.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think these different types of workouts are helping you get ready for the Fargo Marathon?

    ReplyDelete