Thursday, February 12, 2009

Water Aerobics

What worked?
I have been on the swim team since I was 8 and I love to be in the water. The water aerobics are something that I really like to do. It is an especially great workout for resistance training if you are returning from an injury. I enjoyed the across the pool kicking to really get my heartrate up.

What didn't work?
Treading water was not very hard for me being very acclimated for the water but I had a lot of fun playing. The workout was not very hard for me and did not get my heartrate going too much, however I think swimming laps would be more on the difficultly level I would have needed.

What I would do differently...
The across the floor lunges, high knees, and etc. I thought were great exercises and I would have added more of them along with flutter kicking. I think the water polo was a very fun activity however instead of playing twice we could have done vertical kicking with different kicks alternating with treading water in the deep end.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, remember your swim team workouts involved miles of swimming in one day...and you are such a smooth swimmer . I miss watching you compete.

    ReplyDelete